Friday, April 24, 2009

Provo Half!! You go Girls!!!

I got pneumonia the week before the race, and try as I might, I could not
get over it in time to run. It was a very hard decision to make, although
everyone could not understand why. I felt like I had worked so hard to get
to that point of running a half marathon, and I wanted to beat my last time
so bad. Sarah, my sister, made a comment that changed my mind and made
the decision easier. She said "Mand, you don't want to have another
bad race. Don't run, get better!!"
So I didn't run, I was on the sidelines with Mike cheering Heidi and Lin on.
They both did AWESOME!!! Heidi beat her time by 5 min, and Lin beat
our time by 15 min. YOU GO GIRLS!!! I took lots of pictures of Heidi, I
wanted to make sure there were pictures of her this time. I took so many
that she finally said "Alright, that is enough pictures!" And that was only at
mile 10!! Lin found some new friends while running, she said she needed
someone to run with, since I wasn't there, sorry dude!
Ogden full here we come!!
Lin & Mike before the race.

Before the race, it was FREEZING!!!



Getting ready to start!

Lin and her friends, mile 5.

Heidi at mile 9

Mile 7


Heidi mile 10, telling me enough pictures.

Heidi's Family, Cody & Ethan

Heidi coming up to the finish line!!



Lin coming through the finish line!

Way to go you two!!

No comments: