Saturday, September 4, 2010

Finally!!

I am finally going to update!  It has been many months, feels like forever!  
Being on bed rest, and having nothing else to do, I decided it was time.
This has been an extremely long pregnancy, the hardest one by far!  Not only for
me, but for my family.  There is no way I could have done it with out Dave!  He is
truly amazing!!  He has stepped up to the plate and taken care of everything!
I was just recently put on bed rest, the earliest I have ever had to be on bed rest.
And it is really hard to stay down!  I am so grateful for my mom and sister's as well.
My mom has been with me everyday, taking care of Jaxson.  
My doctor thinks I will deliver around 36 weeks, only 4 1/2 weeks away!  I am hoping to
wait just a bit longer, so I will continue to be down, and try and find things to 
pass the time!  We are having another BOY!!  I am not going to lie,
I was a bit disappointed.  I knew it was a boy before the ultrasound, so by then
I was used to the idea, and I am okay with it.  When I first found out I was pregnant,
I was talking with my dad, and I made the comment, what am I going to do if it 
is another boy?  He looked at me and said you are going to love him just like you
do your other boys!  That really helped!!  I can't even imagine having a girl now.
We are so excited for baby Max to be born.  All of the boys can't wait!!
This is the most recent ultra sound picture.  The tech got an
awesome shot!  He has Jaxson's nose and lips.  
Jaxson was with me at the ultra sound, and the tech asked him if he
was going to have a baby brother or sister, and he replied "a yaya!"  
That is what he calls mostly Ethan, but Cody is sometimes included 
in that phrase!  He is just so stinkin cute!!

Just to fill in the last couple of months, seriously not much has gone on.  I basically 
would go to work and that was it.  Dave takes care of everything.  The boys were
great babysitters, and took good care of Jaxson while I was resting.  He is
just so busy and into EVERYTHING, that they couldn't keep up with him!
Heck, I have a hard time keeping up with this child!!
We only had a FEW messes, now
we have to tie the fridge closed!!  Just to name a few, because I want to 
remember, but honestly I don't think I could forget!!  He is fascinated with
pouring anything out!  And I mean anything!  He dumped milk on the floor
3 different times, hence the tie on the fridge.  Put liquid soap in all of my
canisters, down the cabinets and the dishwasher, all over the clean dishes
and on the floor.  Not only once, but twice!!  I know you would think I would
learn!!  But in my defense, I did move the soap, obviously not out of his reach!! 
He dumped syrup on the kitchen floor, and while I was cleaning it up, over my head!!
Desitin all over my bedroom carpet.  Sunscreen on the rugs in the bathroom and in
Cody's shoes.  Lotion on the bathroom floor, and on the rugs.  Tooth paste all over
the bathroom!!  The list could go on and on, but those are the most funny. (I can
say that now, looking back!)
This is the only "Mess" I took a picture of, and that is
because I was talking on the phone to my sister Kari when
it happened, and she wanted to see the mess.  This is 
probably the littlest of the messes!!

I really hope this little boy is not quite as mischevious as Jaxson is.  I don't
know what I will do if he is!!  Having said that, Jaxson is so much fun, and
I love his cute smile that melts heart every time!!

I just love this little dude!  Note the tie on the
fridge!!

Ethan started 1st grade, and he loves going to school all day long!  His favorite
part is being able to eat lunch at school!  He loves learning, and loves that his
aunt teaches at his school!  Lin teaches reading recovery, and both boys are
so excited everytime they see her!!
Cody started 2nd grade, and he couldn't be happier!  He loves making new friends
and everyday he comes home with a new friend!  
Dave planted a garden for the first time, and we are loving all of the squash
and zucchini!  Lots and lots of zucchini!  He has worked both inside and
out to get our house ready to sell.  And it is finally official!  We have a sign
in the front yard!  So, now we just wait and what ever happens will be good!
I feel like life has be placed on hold for awhile, but I can see a light at the
end of my tunnel, and know this to shall pass.  And I can't wait!!


2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the bed rest! Glad that your family is taking such good care of you, now you just need to tell Dr Scott to be nicer. :) Goo luck!

Sarah said...

4 Boys!! How awesome! Congrats Mandy!