Monday, December 1, 2008

Give Thanks

I put this saying on my door this Thanksgiving, my mom actually gave me the idea. There are so many times I take for granted all that I have, and all that I am thankful for. So I thought this saying was a great reminder (every time I came or went from my house) to be grateful this year. On Thanksgiving, Cody and I were talking, and he asked what Thanksgiving was all about. I told him it was a day to celebrate all the many things we are thankful for. He told me "that's easy mom, there are so many things to be grateful for." I know I talk a lot, about my kids and how they teach me so much, and it still holds true. Cody started to list so many things that he was grateful for. Most of them I would never have thought to be thankful for. For example, his dad because he can fix anything! His brothers because he always has someone to play with. His toys, bed, clothes, stuffed animals, house, bike I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. He then went on to say how thankful he was for the grass and the stars, and that he got to go to school, and church. All of those things I am grateful for, but I really take them for granted daily. So when he asked me what I was thankful for and would not let it go when I said everything, he wanted specifics, I decided to make a list of some of the things I am thankful for. After I was done, he counted them and said "wow mom, thats a lot!" So here is a small list of some of the things I am thankful for:
My wonderful, sweet, understanding husband.
My beautiful children.
My amazing parents.
All of my siblings, and Dave's siblings, and their spouses.
My sisters, love them!!
A place to call home.
The gospel.
The knowledge that the gospel brings into my life.
My extended family.
My health.
The things that make life easier, computer, cell phone, etc.
My vehicles.
My friends.
My job.
I could go on, there are so many things to be grateful for. I am so grateful that I have my sweet Cody to always remind me of how truly blessed I am. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as good as ours was!!

Cathy, Dave's sister, spoils us. This year she
had "Thankful gifts", the boys loved it.







No comments: