Sunday, December 5, 2010

Give Thanks

I love this time of year.  It is such a happy time.  I loved it
as a child, and now having children of my own, I love
it even more.  I love their excitement, you can't help but to
get excited as well.
This year for Thanksgiving we went to my parents house.  Sarah and
Mike were also there.  As usual the food was fantastic, and the company
was great.  There is always good times when we are with family.
On the way over in the car I asked the boys what they were grateful for.
Both Cody and Ethan said family, and their brothers.  Jaxson agreed,
saying how much he loved Max.  The conversation soon turned to
Christmas, and how we were going to exchange gifts now that Max was
here.  Cody wondered if he could give a gift to all of his brothers, cause
he loved them all so much.  I told him that we would draw names, and
each one would give one gift to one brother.  He promptly asked me
if mine and dad's names would be able to be drawn.  I said "No, it is
more important for him and his brothers to give to each other.  Don't
you think?"  He immediately said "NO! You and Dad deserve gifts to!"
Ethan agreed, stating "We love you, and want to give you a present."
I looked at Dave, who was just as surprised as I was, and with tears in my
eyes, thought how lucky I am to be blessed with such amazing boys!
I really should not have been surprised, my boys, both 
Cody and Ethan, are so thoughtful.  

As we sat down to eat Thanksgiving feast, my mom asked each one of
us to say one thing we were thankful for.  As we went around the table
all of the things that were said I could second.  There are so many
things that I am grateful for.  Just a few of the many things:
My sweet husband, each of my different, healthy boys, especially my newest
boy and his safe arrival.  My health, being able to get up and do what
I want when I want, and not worry about my blood pressure.
My home, our jobs, the gospel, my siblings, my dad, my sweet mom,
my friends and neighbors.  
This list could go on and on.  I have so many things to be grateful for.
It was a great day!  
 Who can resist a sleeping baby?

 Getting ready to go to my mom's, they
asked if it was ok to wear these shorts
that belong on a stuffed animal.
Silly boys!


 Love you dad, even though you always give me
crap about pictures and the "blab"!!

These two pictures I just love!!  
Our home teachers were over and they asked the boys 
what thing were they most grateful for?  Both answered family.
The cutest pictures!!  If you look at Ethan's you will see he added 
2 extra people to his family.  When I asked him who the 
extra people were, he simply said, Lin and Kem!
I would agree, they are part of our family, we love them! 

I think this looks just like us!  Hair and all!
I love it!!

No comments: